The Department of Economics, with the support of the Institute of Economic Research Foundation (Fipe), public research funding agencies, and private entities, has held scientific events of expression and impact to develop the economics profession in the country and the region. These events promote interaction between Brazilian researchers and international economists working at the frontier of knowledge. Recent highlights include:
- Economics of Low Carbon markets Workshop in its editions IV, V, VI, and VII in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, respectively.
- I Latin American and Caribbean Regional Science Association Congress (2017)
- XV National Meeting of the Brazilian Association of Regional and Urban Studies (2017).
- Workshop “São Paulo School of Advanced Sciences on Game Theory – International Workshop on Game Theory and Economic Applications of the Game Theory Society (IWGTS-2014)
- Meeting of the Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association (LACEA-2014)
- Meeting of the Latin American Meeting of Econometric Society (LAMES-2014).