INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS APPLICATION PROCESS
HOW TO OBTAIN THE LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE
Admittance of foreign students at the University of São Paulo is made available through exchange student programs, "Programa de Estudante Convênio" (PEC-PG) or diplomatic courtesy.
PEC-PG is a cooperative activities program developed between Brazil and Nations of Latin America, Central America and Africa, in order to enable citizens of these countries to study in PEC-PG participant Brazilian universities – USP is part of this program. PEC-PG is managed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Education. Applications are submitted directly to the Brazilian Embassy in the country of the applicant.
For information on criteria, deadlines and required documents for applying for PEC-PG, click on the link:
PEC-PG (Ministry of Foreign Affairs website)
International Candidates living in Brazil will undergo the regular application process (the same as Brazilian candidates).
Application for the Graduate Program in Business Administration:
Annually, up to 6 (six) international students will be accepted to the master's degree program and up to 3 (three) will be accepted to the PhD program. Applicants must submit the following documents until May 30, 2019, to be examined by the PPGA International Students Admissions Committee:
1. A copy of the registration form of PEC-PG (*);
2. a handwritten letter of interest in Portuguese addressed to the Program Coordination, justifying the applicant's interest in the Program (*);
3. birth certificate - with Brazilian Embassy authentication (*);
4. University diploma or certificate (*) (with consular visas);
5. Curriculum Vitae in Portuguese with recent photo (*);
6. University transcripts (on printed letterhead paper) of undergraduate and graduate education - with Brazilian Embassy authentication (*);
7. Proof or statement of professional involvement with institutions in the applicant’s country (*)
8. Two letters of recommendation from professors or researchers of well-known universities, colleges or research institutes in the applicant’s native country, as listed in the PEC-PG instructions manual (*)
9. Research project or study plan, as listed in the PEC-PG instructions manual (*)
10. Plans for activities to be developed in the applicant’s country after completion of the program (*)
11. Publications or other documents as proof of academic scientific production (*) - complete document
12. English proficiency certificate (Toefl, Cambridge, etc.) (*);
13. Portuguese for foreigners proficiency certificate (*)
14. The applicant must not be residing in Brazil for at least 12 months (if the applicant is a former PEC-PG scholarship recipient, he/she must have performed professional activities in their native country for at least two years (*)).
PhD program applicants:
In addition to all the documents listed above, include 1 (one) full copy of the master's thesis.
(*) Required document for program applications.
Send required documents to:
Secretaria da Coordenação do Programa de Pós-Graduação em Administração FEA-USP
Av. Prof. Luciano Gualberto, 908 – sala C-01 – Cidade Universitária CEP: 05508-010 – São Paulo – SP – Brazil – e-mail: email@example.com
The Admissions Committee will use criteria that allow comparison of the requisites required from applicants.
Results will be made available to candidates in mid-June, and will only inform acceptance or non-acceptance; the letter will be sent by email.
After the disclosure of results, approved applicants will have a deadline to contact the nearest Brazilian Consulate in their country and confirm or decline the acceptance of the scholarship.
Information about the master's program or PhD program in Business Administration: http://www.portalfea.fea.usp.br/administracao/pos-graduation